Dear 16 year old me,
Hi! I’m your future and let me tell you the view is great from here. Life’s a climb but it is worth the view. So let me tell you something, it gets better, all of it. It does. I know sometimes Life feels like an endless road and you find yourself walking alone along it’s path. But you are never alone, NEVER.
Look around you’ll always find happiness in things you never imagine. And if you ever feel alone always rely on yourself, because you will always be around when you need yourself. There are moments in our lives when we find ourselves at a crossroads. The choices we make in those moments can define the rest of our days. And, of course when faced with the unknown, most of us prefer to turn around and go back. The thing is, there is never a time when you’ll be more honest, when your convictions will be stronger or when your motives will be more pure than they are right now. Which means you should chase whatever it is that excites you? Be confident and take risks. I want you to know, you don’t need somebody to write about you in order for your life to mean something. You can write about yourself, make your own destiny.
I would not say that these are pearls of wisdom but they are more like the survival guide for a teenage girl-
· Stop worrying. Thing change, life gets better, that is the beauty of life, it’s never stagnated and it keeps on flowing from one moment to another.
· Weight, age, marks, height etc. are just numbers, never take them too seriously. These things can never define who you are. There is a reason why you can never measure courage, fidelity, integrity, love etc. because these define who you are.
· The only things you will regret are the one you never did. So do what the heart wants, who knows you may never get another chance!
· Truth is still absolute. Believe that. Even when that truth is hard and cold, and more painful than you've ever imagined. And even when truth is more cruel than any lie.
· There comes a time when every life goes off course. In this desperate moment you must choose your direction. Will you fight to stay on the path while others tell you who you are? Or will you label yourself? Will you be honored by your choice? Or will you embrace your new path? Each morning you choose to move forward or to simply give up.
· Boys are not the end of the world, love will come to you. If you keep searing for it, it’ll hide from you and test you patience but if you let it come to you, it’ll be right in front of you, waiting.
Things will go wrong, your heart will be broken, your trust will be shattered and you’ll be taken down but the only thing that will remain is how you rose from your ashes and how you smiled through the pain. Life is not always rainbows and teddies; it’s not a wonderland, so when you face problems, put on a brave face and rise above, life will reward you because we all are warriors and not mere survivors.
So next time you feel sad, confused, indecisive, dramatic or just plain lonely remember there is no joy in smiling till you’ve cried in pain. And don’t worry the future seems great for you, so hold on player, the journey is tough but the view is great.
Your future me